According to Ayurveda, everything revolves around gut health. Modern Allopathic Medicine now shows what Ayurvedic Practitioners have known for thousands of years: that most dis-eases start in the gut, and that microbes are the powerhouse of everything from the production of energy to healthy immunity. Our gut is now commonly called our “second brain.”
WE KNOW THAT:
- 60-80% of our immune system is located in our gut.
- Our gut bacteria and gut health influences the function of every cell, organ, tissue, and system in the body.
- If your gut bacteria were lined up end-to-end, they would stretch all the way to the moon.
- We have around 100 trillion microorganisms from more than 1000 species that comprise our micro biome.
- We have a gut-skin axis (skin conditions are linked to gut health). We have a gut-brain axis (neurological activity is linked to gut health).
- We have a complex, independent nervous system called the enteric nervous system (ENS) that lines the gastrointestinal tract. ENS contains many of the major neurotransmitters that are found in the brain, including: serotonin, dopamine, glutamate, norepinephrine, and nitric oxide.
- More than 80% of our body’s neurotransmitters are made in the gut.
- We have intimate 2-way communication between the gut and brain, and its mediated by many pathways, including the vagus nerve.
- Properly functioning agni(digestive fire, metabolism) and digestive system is essential.
- Weaker agnileads to toxic buildup in the body, known as amain Sanskrit, and can lead to things like: gas/bloating, malabsorption, leaky gut, IBS, etc.
For five-thousand years, Ayurveda has shown us how to heal various ailments by looking at our individual gut health, and now Ayurveda is becoming a focus for research on health conditions related to obesity, heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, strokes, and many more.
6-Months Gut Healing Protocol
We understand that committing to six-months of specialized health, diet, and lifestyle habits is not an easy undertaking. We know that habits are hard to break, and overtime we can become comfortable with many habits that don’t actually serve us in the long run. Because of these ingrained habits—with food, with lifestyle choices, with how we relate to ourselves, others and the world—we tend to accumulate certain behaviors and find ourselves in certain circumstances that can be detrimental to our health.
WHY DOES IT TAKE SIX-MONTHS?
Because habits are hard to break, and the accumulated effects of any habits and lifestyle choices we’ve made that are harmful to our system take a long time to repair and replace. Ayurveda is not a quick-fix remedy, it offers us wisdom, teaching, practices that we ought to use every dayto keep ourselves in balance, feeling well, and staying healthy.
Fortunately, habits are learned and can therefore be changed, and we can address our own healing from the root cause of our problems rather than just sticking a band-aidon the symptoms. That’s why it takes about six-months.Because Ayurveda teaches us to break down old habits, replace them with new ones, and put into motion a revitalization of the entire body and the mind, which is neither an easy task nor a quick fix. It requires attention, commitment, support, and a willingness to feel better, live better, and heal.
To learn more about this protocol, you can visit our website and click on Gut Healing Protocol or to make an appointment, click on Appointments. To get in touch with us, we are only a phone call or an email away. We look forward to hearing from you!